- Hello World. It's me, Carlos. I was born in El Salvador on May 20, 1971. 50 years ago. I left my homeland 11 years ago and never returned. Since then, I have lived on the shore of the Mediterranean Sea.
- I have a wonderful wife who is a private tutor in Mathematics. Our 11-year-old daughter practices viola, reads a lot and, in her free time, enjoys surfing and sailing. Through his own efforts, he has won many scholarships and awards. Our 3-year-old son is very active and restless and soon begin his preschool training in a public school.
- As I already told you, World, tomorrow I will be 50 years old. In this half century of life, I survived a twelve-year war, several earthquakes, hurricanes, armed robberies, and narrowly escaped suffering the effects of the jihadist attack against Barcelona.
- In March 2020, I had covid-19. I was very sick. I was short of breath and I felt like going to die. It gave me a panic attack to think that I could pass away and leave my wife and children alone. I had a hard time recovering without going to a hospital intensive care unit. But I did it. The effects of the pandemic lasted for several months.
- From March of last year to the present, 90 percent of my projects dedicated to publishing books and culture in El Salvador were canceled or did not make it past the initial stage. My financial situation has been tough ever since. That has also affected my health, which was already carrying diabetes, two strokes on the right side of my brain and various vascular problems in my legs. Meanwhile, I wait my turn to undergo my third corneal transplant since 1983, so that I can recover part of my right eye.
- While I felt the ravages of covid-19 in my body, I remembered that episode of Breaking Bad where Walter White accounts in his mind of how much money he needs for his family. I'm in a very similar situation right now, but I don't intend to make MET, rather I prefer to trust that GoFundMe can do magic.
- The best legacy for my children is to see myself healthy and productive, with strength and courage to work. Therefore, I hope that you, World, support me with what you can. The figure that I write in this campaign is symbolic, but I know that you can support me with much more than that. I'm sure of it. My children, my wife and I will appreciate it. I will return that generosity by doing more research and publications dedicated to Salvadoran culture.
- This campaign will be open for 48 hours, World. We do not need more than that so that your solidarity is the magic that operates a change in my life and in that of my family.
- I hug you, with hope.
DonativosVer los donativos más importantes
- Luis Parada
- Oscar Picardo
La plataforma número 1 para recaudar fondos
La mayoría de la gente crea las campañas en GoFundMe y no en otra plataforma. Más información
Garantía de GoFundMe
En el caso poco probable de que algo no vaya bien, trabajaremos contigo para determinar si se ha hecho un mal uso. Más información
Consejos de expertos, día y noche, cualquier día de la semana
Contáctanos con cualquier pregunta que tengas y te responderemos sin importar si es de día o de noche. Más información